Usually, when you think to a “Technical topic” you think to a boring thing intriguing a very restricted number of interested parties. I strongly believe, and I have practical evidences, that this is not true! In every themes, in every technical areas, there is something to learn and something useful to map to your personal space or interest and extend it, even if your interest and job is miles away from them.
So, the problem, in many cases, is not the content but how it is communicated.
My speeches are anchored in my activities and research and the insights I gain from working with clients, students, successful startups, and influential executives. I analyze emerging technology trends in how businesses can harness the power to transform (digital)data into insights and ultimately their businesses and translate in practical and comprehensible terms.
I am often invited to share my vision of the future of technology, data, artificial intelligence and more. My talks take companies beyond the traditional economy, rethinking business in digital age leveraging data. Some of my recent speech titles include:
- Combining Research & Business
- IT Research & Innovation & Strategy
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Big Data & Big Data Analytics
I want my audiences to understand the implications of data, small and big, and the ways you leverage it with Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
I stimulate the audience to rethink the role of data and the ability to generate insights both within their organizations and beyond.
In addition to speaking at top technical and business conferences and teaching about data, analytics and artificial intelligence.
I present at client events and lead workshops for innovative firms. Levering my experience as chief scientist at IBM Italy Research & Business and IBM Italy CTO for Artificial Intelligence, I show the audience how to create a culture of data-driven decision making and gain insights from data according to multiple perspectives. Companies appreciate my deep technical understanding about analytics and artificial intelligence and the ability to combine a research vision with practical business needs.
I practiced my technical knowledge for several industries in which data paly a significant role including large corporations well innovative companies such as:
- Banca Popolare di Milano,
I have been engaged with these companies range from large customer conferences and leadership events to private executive briefings. Full details are here: https://pieroleo.com/invited-talks-to-company-events/
- Interview on “Industria Italiana”: about new Trust and Transparency AI services https://www.industriaitaliana.it/con-ibm-lintelligenza-artificiale-non-ha-piu-segreti/
- Interview on “Italia Oggi”: about the AgroPad project: https://www.assinews.it/09/2018/un-cartoncino-ci-svela-suolo/660055938/
- Interview during at the “Innov-Aging Conference”, Ancona https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0mQfW3e2Bg&list=PL0JFSx381tUs5dfp-j92OFvlC41gUjE61&index=33
- The future of AI & ML in the Cognitive Discovery- Innovation Communities MeetUp with … Artificial Intelligence ecosystem- organized by ENEL – (my talk at 2h.38′) https://echannel.enel.com/livepages/innovation-communities-meetup-with/ondemand – Slide deck here : https://www.slideshare.net/pieroleo/the-future-of-ai-ml-in-cognitive-discovery
Interview by “Radio ENEL”: cos’è l’intelligenza artificiale?
Startup Italia Vita Mappa di ricordi virtuali per malati di Alzheimer http://startupitalia.eu/95338-20180830-vita-mappa-ricordi-virtuale-malati-alzheimer
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning e Deep Learning: facciamo chiarezza – IBM ThinkMagazine – https://www-01.ibm.com/easytools/runtime/hspx/prod/public/X0027/PortalX/it/it/page/pageTemplate?s=78c374df5c884363b46454a5ffefb5d9&c=dc2402933ddd4740a41c80b414925dc4
Quantum Computing Introduction – IBM ThinkMagazine . https://www-01.ibm.com/easytools/runtime/hspx/prod/public/X0027/PortalX/page/pageTemplate?s=78c374df5c884363b46454a5ffefb5d9&c=5fbe79b1784942ffb8fcd15c8c84c526
“IBM: intelligenza artificiale a supporto delle persone” https://www.01net.it/pietro-leo-ibm-intelligenza-artificiale/
- Tecnologie per il 2018: i consigli di IBM – Intervista a O1Net – https://www.01net.it/tecnologie-2018-consigli-ibm/
Interview: “Vi mostro le 5 tecnologie che cambieranno la nostra società” – A comment originally appeared here AdnKronos, 2017 – But also several sources proposed a post about this comment:
- MILANO Finanza https://www.milanofinanza.it/news/le-cinque-nuove-tecnologie-che-cambieranno-la-societa-201709151318198019 –
- Gooruf – https://gooruf.com/it/news/2017/09/18/le-5-nuove-tecnologie-cambieranno-la-nostra-societa/
- BitMat – http://www.bitmat.it/blog/news/67254/le-cinque-nuove-tecnologie-cambieranno-la-nostra-societa
- Corriere Adriatico – https://www.pressreader.com/italy/corriere-adriatico-ancona/20170925/282587378165113
- Il Domani d’Italia – http://www.ildomaniditalia.eu/article/ibm-vi-mostro-le-5-tecnologie-che-cambieranno-la-nostra-societa%E2%80%99
- Daily Online – http://www.dailyonline.it/generazioni-opposte-collaborano-logotel-rende-disponibile-weconomy/
- Stile.IT – http://www.stile.it/2017/09/28/le-5-tecnologie-cambieranno-mondo-id-165247/
- Blogosfere – http://scienzaesalute.blogosfere.it/post/572253/tecnologia-le-5-invenzioni-che-cambieranno-il-mondo
- Padova News – http://www.padovanews.it/2017/09/18/leo-di-ibm-vi-mostro-le-5-tecnologie-che-cambieranno-la-nostra-societa/
- Il secolo XIX – http://www.ilsecoloxix.it/p/magazine/2017/09/28/ASaq5qfJ-tecnologie_invenzioni_futuro.shtml
- AffariItaliani – http://www.affaritaliani.it/notiziario/leo_di_ibm_%22vi_mostro_le_5_tecnologie_che_cambieranno_la_nostra_societa%22-33011.htmlMeet
- Keynote at MathSport International 2017 Conference – “Sports & Wellbeing with Technology & Data” – June 2017 Padua (Italy) (Link to the video of the talk )
- Weconomy – June 2017 – Ipersensi e iperesperti – Quando uomini e tecnologie collaborano http://www.weconomy.it/ipersensi-e-iperesperti-quando-uomini-e-tecnologie-collaborano/
- la Repubblica Econommia & Finanza. May 2017. “Data scientist”, tutti li vogliono ma sono tra i più difficili da trovare. http://www.repubblica.it/economia/affari-e-finanza/2017/05/08/news/data_scientist_tutti_li_vogliono_ma_sono_tra_i_pi_difficili_da_trovare-164982298/
Come si stimola la memoria col progetto ViTA della Fondazione IBM Italia http://formiche.net/blog/2017/05/12/641759/
- IBM Press. Presentazione Progetto VITA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-_RMfZwvHI
- AboutPharma, March 2017, What’s new? The integration of scientific libraries and the availability of Big Data interaction – “La novità? Integrare librerie scientifiche e fornire correlazioni tra big data” https://www.aboutpharma.com/blog/2017/03/01/aboutpharma-and-medical-devices-marzo-2017/
- Dal Malato alla cura del Malato – Panorama d’Italia – 2016 – http://www.panorama.it/panoramaditalia2016/milano/innovare-vuol-dire-curare-come-tecnologia-e-ricerca-aiutano-i-pazienti/
AI*IA 2016 International Conference. Keynote to the conference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LntNIMULiAw&t=3s
- IBM Academy of Technology Channel – January 2017. IBM Research 5in5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2r9GJXkQBI
- Edison Innovation Channel. June 2016. Innovation & Startups. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvCoRLlJ1nk
- Edison Innovation Channel. June 2016. Talk – Come “hackerare” l’azienda: ricette per innovare dall’interno https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaPO9hIj1jU
- Equity Innovtive StartUP . Idea Blog.it. What are cognitive systems. June 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqV6-97TybM
- IBM Academy of Technology. September 2015, Innovation University Ignite-style Event in Yorktown New York – Sense https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24odWJMC7lY&t=6s
- IBM Academy of Technology Channel – November 2015. What is Watson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnoR8APdWhY
- IBM Academy of Technology Channel – November 2015. Emotional Computing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4OR61jIt4c
- ABI Eventi – Dimensioni Social 2.0. October 2014. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QExZsvUMXYg
- ASSRIM Channel – Dal Big Data al Cognitive Computing: affrontare la complessità e cogliere le nuove opportunità della trasformazione digitale della relazione con i clienti – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXVeQGvZtZQ&t=3s
- IBM Academy of Technology Channel – October 2014. Technological fashion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLBWSz3bz30
- IBM Academy of Technology Channel – April 2014 – My view about organic innovation to IBM AoT Meeting – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIHV3ZXJVfU
ICT Days – Trento University – IBM Research: Watson, la frontiera del Cognitive Computing – Maggio 2014 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrHSbdzcyFY
- Sole24Ore Nova – Agosto 2011 – L’agenda dell’Innovazione si decide insieme online. http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/tecnologie/2011-08-05/lagenda-innovazione-decide-insieme-202210.shtml?uuid=AapS2CuD
- Class CNBC – February 2010 – Una Vita Per La Scienza: food tracing research project – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEaKnsF9fx8
- NBSSI Project – IBM Service Corps – Ghana 2008 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exWztPCWkSg